FREIGHT CLAIMS: In order to make any claim, you must report the damage within one business day although it is best to report same day and immediately including showing to the driver. To make any claim, you must take photos of the packaging and any damage to it, the item and any damage to it, and keep the packaging. If you throw away the packaging, it will be much harder to make a claim. Motor freight claims are resolved typically at 10 cents per pound unless you agree to insure the shipment which can be quoted separately. Small package shipments (Generico uses Fed-X only) are paid more responsibility but with no guarantees by Fed-X. Generico will do its best to assist you with any claim however Generico is NOT responsible for damage in shipping unless the item was packed improperly and the photos can show this. Generico is not responsible to replace items damaged by FedX nor any motor carrier if you do not agree to take optional insurance.
1) Generico automatically collects email addresses from site visitors and from buyers. If you receive any email from Generico and wish to OPT OUT, please reply with REMOVE in the subject line and you will be removed immediately.
2) Please make sure you have read and fully understand the Generico shipping information before placing an order.
3) Please make sure you have read and fully understand the Generico freight claim information before placing an order.
4) Generico maintains a large inventory however the level of inventory fluctuates. Items shown on the website are generally in stock however there is no guarantee any specific item is in stock, nor the quantity you may require. Please inquire about any quantity and timing and every effort will be made to ensure product availability.
6) Generico offers a One Year warranty on all of its products (except lamps which have a specific lifetime) which covers manufacturing defects or product failure from normal use. The warranty does not cover damage by others, damage from mishandling, damage in transit on the part of the Purchaser, or damage from water, lightning, sun exposure (if applicable), electrical fault, or other perils.
7) Many cable assemblies are stocked as well as materials to assemble additional cable products. Every reasonable attempt is made to accommodate every request, however as a rule of thumb please allow three business days minimum for any assembly order. Often, we complete assemblies the same day, particularly if assembling similar items same time however there is no guarantee of this. Please plan accordingly and inquire as to any needs as soon as possible.
8) Blind Shipments: Generico will endeavor to accommodate any request for blind shipping or double blind shipping however this remains subject to the carrier(s) involved.
9) Generico warehouse staff will always make every effort to minimize the footprint of every shipment and minimize the volume of every pallet and box within reason. If you have specific requests as to how you would like certain items packed and shipped, please inquire.
10) All Generico structural products are engineered by the company licensed structural engineer. While Generico personnel may offer opinions as to the fitness for a particular purpose of any structural item or collection of items, it is always recommended that in the event of any question whatsoever, you consult with either your own independent engineer or, the Generico engineer and at a rate quoted per application. Any outdoor structures require an engineering stamp on the completed structure to avoid any possible after the fact claims. In many instances, outdoor structures may not be assembled without a stamped drawing specific to the exact structure being assembled. Buyer expressly understands that Generico structural and rigging products must follow industry guidelines, many of which can be found on the ESTA website (www.esta.org). Buyer warrants and represents that it shall always follow generally accepted practices for use and handling of Generico products and to comply with any State, City, or local ordinance and/or building code where applicable. In the event of any accident or injury and a claim is made by a third party against Generico, buyer expressly understands and agrees that it shall be fully responsible for any costs incurred by Generico and/or its Insurance Underwriter except in instances of manufacturing defect found to be the proximate cause of such injury or claim or due to the sole negligence of Generico. Buyer understands and agrees that any use of Generico products or work performed using Generico products requires that the owner and/or user of the products is responsible to carry adequate General Liability Insurance and Property & Casualty insurance when performing any work when using Generico and similar products. It is highly recommended that a competent person as defined by ESTA should be supervising any use of and installation/dismantle of structural and rigging products.
18) HOURS OF OPERATION: Generico business hours are 9AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday Eastern Standard Time. Generico is a wholesale warehouse operation and not open for walk in clients. Appointments are always welcome for questions, to view products, or to pick up an order with minimal advance notice. Every effort will be made to accommodate walk in’s by appointment same day except between the hours of 12:30 and 1:30.